Read this article to learn:
- What is the size of the Chinese tower market and how many towers are independently owned?
- The implications of the creation of CTC for China’s independent towercos
- ‘Permitting’, land ownership and protection of the area around towers in China
- The need for a benchmark of the value of Chinese towers as ‘pledge-able assets’
- The current limitations of the Chinese capital markets as sources of finance for Chinese towers, and the opportunity for international investors
China is about to make international headlines in the telecom press when a million towers, rooftops and DAS are transferred from China Mobile, China Unicom and China Telecom to the recently created China Tower Company (CTC), representing the clearest indication to date that China has embraced infrastructure sharing. What readers may be less aware of…