Read this article to learn:
- The driving principles behind the creation of Bharti Infratel
- A view of potential consolidation in the Indian towerco market
- The progress of Bharti Infratel’s Green Towers P7 Programme
- How many new tenancies will be needed for 3G and 4G, and do towercos have the capital to deploy hundreds of thousands of additional sites?
- Why Bharti sold rather than retained their African towers
- Akhil Gupta’s vision for the extension of the towerco model
Akhil Gupta is truly one of the founding fathers of the tower industry as we know it today. He was responsible for the separation of Bharti Airtel’s passive infrastructure and subsequent founding of Bharti Infratel, one of the world’s largest and most respected towercos. He is also a co-founder of Indus Towers, a joint venture…