Read this article to learn:
- Contrasting the rollout strategy of MPT, Telenor and Ooredoo; what approach might Viettel take?
- How many towers are there now in Myanmar, who built them and how were they financed?
- The structure of Myanmar’s towerco market: scale players, discount players, and those seeking to exit
- Pressure on lease rates and implications for valuation
- The reducing risks of investing in Myanmar towers
With the reduction in uncertainty in the Myanmar tower market comes a reduction in risk, and a commensurate increase in investibility. Towerco consolidation has only recently begun, but the structure of the Myanmar tower market is increasingly clear, and TowerXchange expect three towercos of scale to emerge. Likewise, the structure of the mobile market is…